In the past decade, B2B marketing has changed drastically. With more and more companies generating revenue in digital channels, it's imperative to understand what tactics are working and which ones aren't.
Account-based marketing is one of the most successful methods for growing your business in this landscape.
Here are 20 stats you need to know about ABM for 2021.
1. Marketers are expected to spend $3.4 billion on account-based marketing in 2021
2. It takes an average of 10 weeks to close a new account with ABM, which is four times longer than traditional lead generation methods
3. The top three industries that use account based marketing are retail, healthcare, and finance
4. In order to be successful with ABM, you need to have at least 100 leads per month, but the more you have the better your chance of success becomes
5. The most popular social media platforms used by marketers for account-based marketing are:
⇒ LinkedIn (33%)
⇒ Facebook (27%)
⇒ Twitter (22%)
⇒ YouTube (8%)
⇒ Instagram (7%)
6. 62% of marketers say they can measure a positive impact since adopting ABM.
7. Most organizations intentionally only pursue 38% of their target accounts at one time
8. By 2019, 55% of marketers rated their ABM strategy as “established” compared to just 43% in 2018
9. Companies dedicated 29% of their marketing budgets to ABM in 2019
10. It's estimated that ABM budgets saw an average increase of 41% in 2019
11. 57% of professionals say their companies target 1,000 accounts or under with ABM
12. In 2019, 7% of marketers reported a decrease in dedicated headcount for ABM teams, showing that this strategy is going mainstream and being implemented within regular processes
13. In 2019, 40% of the average marketing team was dedicated to ABM
14. 57% of marketers say their organizations have implemented ABM for more than one year
15. 85% of marketers with an SLA think their marketing strategy is effective
16. Only 7% of salespeople said leads they received from marketing were very high quality
17. Only 28% of salespeople said marketing was their best source of leads
18. One in five accounts targeted through ABM becomes considered a qualified sales opportunity
20. More than two-thirds (69%) of top-performing account-based organizations now have a dedicated account based leader.
The account-based marketing landscape is ripe for change, which means that now more than ever you need a solid strategy to keep up.
Are you interested in bolstering your ABM capabilities?