3 big trends will emerge in digital marketing in 2020
The digital marketing predictions you need for 2020, in as few characters as possible,
Trend 1: The B2B LinkedIn "Awakening"
- IT/Software/Consulting/Group Network B2B brands will realise LinkedIn can't be ignored anymore as a place to spend money.
- They will hear from others, it can generate B2B leads, ROI and penetration.
- LinkedIn's advertising revenue will grow substantially from Q4 as a result, and the CPM will increase by 10%+
Trend 2: The Google-Inbound "Rationalisation" for B2B brands
B2B Brands who have spent 2019 investing heavily in content marketing via organic and paid search, will have a rationalisation moment
- The content marketing hype will give way to reality.
- A quick ROI doesn't come from content creation alone
- It comes from targeted, accurate distribution
Trend 3: Quality "aha moment" sets in on LinkedIn in 2020
- Poor quality content will get punished, not ignored
- Followers/connections on LinkedIn will start unfollowing poor quality, non-relevant, content producers
- They will instead find quality producers, just like on Youtube
- The age of the pointless, waffling, selfie video will start winding to an end
Want to learn more? Check out our sella blog or reach out for a conversation with us anytime!